The SansBug tent has been used by soldiers in Afghanistan, missionaries in Africa, volunteers in Haiti, ecologists in Madagascar, boy scouts, mothers with babies, yogis wanting to meditate outdoors and pet owners to bond with their sugar gliders and birds.
It can be taken as carry-on and will comfortably fit in the airplane overhead bin. Roomy, lightweight, portable and durable, the free-standing tent pops open in ONE second and folds down in less than five seconds!
1. The elastic strap cannot restrain the 4-folded tent; you will need to use the cinch strap.
2. Many customers have taken the tri-folded 26 inch disc as carry-on; the thin circular disc is not your regular carry-on shape but it is very light. No one has been turned back yet at the gate…. but if you call the airlines asking if you can take a 26 inch disc, then of course you will be told that you can’t.
- Pops open instantly into shape – no assembly required! Can be used on top of a cot, bunk bed or (air-)mattress; Length: 86 inches (usable length: 6 feet), Width: 39 inches, Height: 35 inches.
- Tarp floor; 100% polyester mesh (~1200 holes per inch will also protect against bedbugs and no-see-ums); Fiberglass poles.
- The tent is shipped tri-folded in a 26 inch disc (only about 1 inch thick), but it can be 4-folded to a 20 inch disc. It may also be shipped in a big box – don’t be intimidated by the size of the box!
- Weighs only 2.5 lbs! We recommend tri-folding it unless you really need to pack it smaller. Your suitcase will need to be at least 20 inches wide for the 4-folded net to fit. However, we recommend taking it as your personal item together with your carry-on.
- PLEASE CAREFULLY WATCH THE DEMO VIDEOS ON THE SANSBUG WEBSITE BEFORE FOLDING IT – the poles will splinter if incorrectly folded!