HOW TO CHOOSE THE RIGHT TOY FOR YOUR CHILD
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Ideas, Infinite (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 256 Pages - 02/09/2012 (Publication Date) - Infinite Ideas (Publisher)
Motherhood is a busy time, there is so much to learn, and every day your baby is doing something new. Every moment is precious, not to be missed. So why then, throw in to the mix the confusion as to which toy is the best for your child? The toy market place can be a tricky one to navigate: with so many different types of toys, in literally all shapes and colours, how do you know which to buy? Are they even necessary or is this just something manufacturers tell us to encourage us to buy their products?
TOYS: WHY DO THEY MATTER?
When children play they are learning too. Through play, they explore the world around them, learn cause and effect and develop motor skills and coordination. There are different types of toys: such as those that involve problem solving and critical thinking, or role playing toys that develop imagination and cognitive skills. Toys also help language development and vocabulary, and encourage children to become more independent.
- MEET YOUR NEW LEARNING FRIENDS - Discover new vocabulary with Learning Friends! Touch the words on each page to hear the animals introduce age-appropriate words along with exciting sound effects
- INTERACTIVE AND EDUCATIONAL TOY - Explore the colourful pages and the 12 learning categories including food, pets, vehicles and clothes. Little ones will expand their vocabulary as they touch, learn and play
- MUSICAL TOY - Touch the pictures to hear sound effects in Fun Sounds mode or hear two learning songs including the Learning Friends theme song and My Favourite Word song by pressing the light-up star button
- BILINGUAL PLAYBOOK - Immerse your child in bilingual play by sliding the language switch to learn about colours, objects and animals in both English and French
- IDEAL GIFT FOR TODDLERS AND PRE SCHOOL CHILDREN - This boys & girls interactive book is an ideal gift for Christmas and children's birthday as it helps develop skills that are valuable once kids start school
- A LEARNING COMPANION: Mr. Pencil’s Scribble & Write is a preschool learning toy that features more than six activities to explore introducing kids to writing, drawing and spelling
- EDUCATIONAL TOY: Follow Mr. Pencil as he teaches kids letter and number tracing step by step, shapes and basic words. This friendly teacher is a wonderful learning tool for preschoolers
- EASY TO CARRY: This children's toy is ready to come with your little one wherever they go. With an easy-to-carry handle kids can practice at home, in the car or on-the-go. Perfect to keep children entertained during short and long family trips
- INTERACTIVE TOY: Use the stylus on the touch screen to trace letters, write numbers from 1-10 and draw shapes that will transform into objects. Kids will get instant feedback on how they did to then adjust the difficulty to match their skill level
- IDEAL GIFT FOR PRESCHOOL KIDS: Mr. Pencil is the perfect gift for preschoolers for a birthday or Christmas, as it is specifically designed to develop their writing skills starting from 3 years of age. 3 AAA batteries required
- Family Choice, Mom's Choice Gold Metal & Tillywig Parents' Favorite Products Award Winner 2018, and Creative Child Media of the Year Award Winner 2019! An interactive touch pad to help children engage in a rewarding learning experience; best learning pad.
- 4 Modes: Learn - An interactive approach to learning through exploration and engage your children's development, curiosity and creativity with words and fun sounds; Basic and Advanced Quiz - Reinforce the learning experience with a fun activity; Music - having fun with music and leaning about the world.
- Comes with 8 durable plastic (PP) learning cards (16 lesson pages) and volume control. Take learning activities on the go; perfect for long car or plane rides. Great Christmas gift idea for preschoolers; boys and girls.
- Skills learned include alphabet, numbers, time, colours, fruits, shapes, animals, weathers, emotions, professions, music, transportation, and problem solving.
- Requires 3 AAA alkaline batteries that are included; American English; intended for toddlers, preschoolers and early learners of ages 2 years and up.
IS THERE A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TOYS?
Toys are broken down in to two main categories when it comes to learning: age appropriate toys and developmentally appropriate toys. Though they seem similar there is a marked difference. Age appropriate gives a rough estimate of the age group the toy is aimed at, where as developmentally appropriate toys refer to specific developmental capabilities. An advanced 5 year old for example, may have the same developmental skills as a 10 year old but they are not in the same age group.
Age appropriate toys mainly refer to the age a child should be when playing with the toy for safety reasons. Young babies put everything in their mouths: be it socks, remotes or toys! Many toys have smaller parts that can be dangerous to babies as they can choke on them. This is why manufacturers clearly state the age bracket a toy falls in to on the box.
Developmentally appropriate toys are designed with a specific age group in mind. At each stage of development or milestone, your baby or toddler will have different needs. That’s where toys come in; they aid your child in hitting their developmental target due to their specific functions such as lights and sounds or hand eye coordination.
WHAT ARE THE DIFFERENT STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT AND HOW DO I KNOW WHICH TOY IS RIGHT FOR WHICH STAGE?
TOYS WITH BRIGHT COLOURS, LIGHTS AND NOISES:
Suitable from 0-6months. Initially, babies have limited focus within their vision and can only see a certain distance away. They can see black and white patterns which makes books with bold patterns in black and white a good first toy. Babies also rely on their sense of sight and touch and respond to sounds. By month 2 babies can begin to follow objects and start to gurgle and coo. This makes toys like soft books or dolls; musical toys like mobiles and rattles; and textures toys ideal. Month 4 is when babies begin to be able to roll over – they really enjoy play gyms at this time as they are able to better appreciate them. They are also able to amuse themselves by playing with their hands and feet. By month 6 babies will soon be reaching out for objects.
Sensory Discovery Balls – These make great first toys for baby; they promote exploration and stimulation and also encourage movement.
Baby Einstein Octopust Toy – With different textures to explore, this is a good way for baby to learn about her environment. The bright colours will capture her attention and is a great introduction to colours. The multiple languages to select from help develop baby’s language skills too.
STACKING TOYS, PUSH ALONG TOYS AND MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS:
Suitable for 6 months-12 months. This stage in a baby’s development is all about movement: sitting up and learning to crawl. At around 7 months of age your baby should be able to sit unaided without support. By 8 months she should be beginning to crawl and be able to pass a toy from one hand to the other. Shape sorters develop hand eye coordination. Soft blocks and other stacking toys help to develop cognitive skills and unleash creativity. By nine and tenth months your baby should be able to stand holding on to something and throw or drop objects. For this reason, toys that encourage exploration and perfecting motor skills such as pull along toys are the type you should be looking to buy. Balls and musical instruments which teach cause and effect will also help her hit her milestone. Your baby should be crawling well at around 10 months and you may want to invest in a toy that encourages this earlier on.
- STACK TO OVER 75 CM - Brightly colored cups stack together. Includes: Stacking learning cups with shape sorter and a storage bucket with carry handle.
- MULTIPLE WAYS TO PLAY - Children love to fit them together, to stack them up to build a pyramid, to put things in then take them out, to turn them over and hide things underneath.
- FUN TO PLAY WITH - The cups can be used to fill with water and pour in and out at bath time or used to have fun in the sand on the beach.
- FOR ALL KIDS - Cups have large numbers embossed on them so an older child can practice counting and begin building number recognition skills.
- RECOMMENDED AGE - Suitable for kids from 12+ months. Two assorted designs - randomly sent.
- This fisher-price toy introduces babies to sizes and stacking with five colourful rings, the ideal baby toy for learning grasping and stacking
- With Fisher-Price baby toys, small children learn to stack in relative sizes and can bash the bottom of the baby stacker rings base to rock it back and forth
- The top of the baby ring stacker has a shiny surface with rattling beads inside to help keep baby amused
- The baby activity toy includes one x fisher-price rock-a-stack with five colourful rings
- Baby toy for ages six million plus
- EDUCATIONAL GEOMETRIC STACKER TODDLER TOY: The Melissa and Doug Geometric Stacker Toddler Toy features 25 colourful wooden pieces of rings, octagons,and rectangles that can be matchedand stacked on three rods.
- BUILDS MULTIPLE SKILLS: Our developmental toys help to build early shape, colour, and size differentiation skills. Parents and children can play multiple games to help strengthen hand-eye coordination and more.
- GREAT GIFT FOR KIDS 2 TO 4: This Geometric Stacker is an exceptional gift for kids ages 2 to 4 years. Add the Melissa & Doug Shape Sorting Cube to round out the hands-on, screen-free play experience.
- “THE GOLD STANDARD IN CHILDHOOD PLAY”: For more than 30 years, Melissa & Doug has created beautifully designed imagination- and creativity-sparking products that NBC News in the US called “the gold standard in early childhood play.”
- 100 Percent HAPPINESS GUARANTEE: We design every toy to the highest quality standards, and to nurture minds and hearts. If your child is not inspired, give us a call and we'll make it right. Our phone number is on every product!
Sensory Ball Pit – A great and safe way for baby to explore her surroundings. Add additional soft balls or any other baby toys you have and watch excited little hands go! Portholes, colours, textures, beanbags and detachable mirror will keep baby entertained.
VTech Baby Crawl And Learn Lights Ball – Promotes crawling thanks to a built in motor that makes the ball move round and around. Twist, slide and spin features develop motor skills. Pushing buttons plays music and animal sound effects.
- Promotes crawling: Built-in motor activates to make the ball roll around and around
- The ball stops within easy reach of baby with limited controlled movement
- Twist, slide and spin the manipulative features to develop motor skills
- Press the chunky buttons to hear fun music and animal sound effects
- 3 x AA batteries required
PLAYHOUSES, RIDE ALONG TOYS, PICTURE BOOKS AND WATER TOYS:
- 【3-in-1 Ride On Car】Combining the riding toy, walker and pushing cart in one walker, this 3-in-1 design will accompany babies’ growth. And it can strengthen their sense of balance and fitness training through the posture adjustment and body control.
- 【Anti-roller Safe Brake】Equipped with 25 degree anti-roller brake system, this baby walker can effectively protect your babies from falling backward. The low seat, approx. 23 cm height off ground, allows babies to get on and off effortless and ensures a steady sliding with a low center of gravity.
- 【Cute Robot Rocket】Designed in cute robot rocket, its bright color with familiar music melodies will draw babies’ attention. Steering wheel with maximum 45 degree adjustment helps to develop hand-eye coordination and safety protection. And the hidden storage space under the seat is available for toys, bottles, snacks, etc.
- 【Reliable Safe Material】Made of environmentally-friendly PP material, this baby ride on car ensures the comfort and the whole structure will keep its form after years of use. And the wide backrest with scientific spine support will promote the normal development of baby’s spine. Fully certified with EN71.
- 【Perfect Gift for Baby】Steering wheel with controllable direction allows babies to exploit an adventurous riding journey by themselves. Stable and steady sliding with sounds and horn will keep kids active and having fun, an ideal birthday and Christmas gift for kids.
- Electronic sound horn with funny noises and rotating googly eyes
- Product dimensions: 61 x 44 x 55 cm
- Recommended age: 6 months and up
- Number of parts: 40
Suitable for 1-2 year olds. As your toddler is more mobile, she will need toys that encourage her to fine tune her skills. By month 13 your toddler should be able to stand up alone and be able to bend over ad reach for toys. Toys to invest in are toddler gyms which give your little one practise at climbing and getting down and also lifting heavier items. Other toys such as musical instruments and water toys are good for this age range as they focus on finger coordination. Books help to develop language: by month 15 your little one’s vocabulary will have grown to around 5 words and by month 16 they can turn pages of a book themselves! Books also help to focus attention in older toddlers and by age 2 your toddler will be able to name a simple picture in said book! At 17 months or just over 1.5 years, your little one will enjoy playing with ride along toys and by 18 months she can pedal when put on a trike. Toys such as play vehicles and ride on toys that use feet, are ideal at this stage. Towards the 2 year mark, your toddler will be able to run, use a fork and spoon, throw a ball, take off her clothes with help, understand simple commands and speak short sentences. Phew that is a lot!
- Publishing, Extraordinary (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 28 Pages - 03/21/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Publishing, Extraordinary (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 28 Pages - 06/25/2020 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Publishing, Passover (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 32 Pages - 02/25/2021 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Spacious children's playhouse: with the 145 x 110 x 127 cm playhouse, children from 2 years get their own little world for cooking, playing, painting, reading and dreaming
- With play kitchen: for small chefs, the children's house has a kitchen enclosure including sink, tap, hob and dish rack. Thanks to many accessories, every dish can be achieved just as with Mami
- Indoor and outdoor: whether as a summer house in the garden or as a playhouse in the children's room, thanks to robust, weather-resistant and UV-resistant materials, the house can be used at any time of year
- Like a real house: the large roof, the 2 slat windows, the 2 sliding windows and the blue entrance door make small children proud house owners
- Smoby quality since 1924: Through constant quality controls, many years of experience, the use of high-quality materials and production equipment, we ensure safe toys
- A pretty house where children can have fun playing and hiding. 2 windows with shutters. Dimensions: 102 x 90 x 109 cm. Unisex. Ages 2 and up. Delivered as a single unit.
Wooden Act Workbench– Not only are there plenty of activities and shapes to interact with that helps develop motor skills, but this workbench is a walker too! Encourages toddler to stand and can be pushed along to aid walking. Accessories and tools aid imaginative play.
No products found.
Drop And Pop Giraffe – This colourful Giraffe entertains young minds by playing music when balls are dropped in to his head. The balls then come out of his feet and light them up – only he knows from which side! This toy offers a great way to learn cause and effect and logical reasoning.
- Drop in the balls and watch them pop out of the giraffe's legs!
- Post balls and watch them pop out
- Detachable head for easy storage
PUZZLES, BUILDING BLOCKS, DRESS UP CLOTHES AND ARTS & CRAFTS:
- Suitable for 2-3 year olds. At this age you will be lucky if your toddler sits still for 5 minutes – they are constantly on the go! Active play toys are therefore, what you should be aiming for. Puzzles and blocks are optimal as toddlers have nearly mastered their hand eye coordination and at just over 2 years she can build a simple tower with 3 or 4 bricks. By 2.5 years she will be speaking clearly most of the time and can articulate what she wants. Dressing up clothes and play food/household items develop role-playing skills and imagination and vocabulary. By 3 years your child will be able to hold a conversation of two to three sentences. They can also use more advanced equipment, such as trampolines and slides. Children at this age are able to draw simple things such as circles and colour in, which makes messy play items such as paint and other art supplies great as they keep busy hands happier for longer too!
Infantastic Children’s Cooking Kitchen –A beautiful kitchen that promotes role-playing and social skills. Not only will this kitchen enable your child to feel more confident in the kitchen when they are older, but also promotes a positive attitude towards cooking and cleaning! You can also add other appliances or even some play food!
- Refrigerator, oven, and microwave of the toy kitchen can be opened and closed
- See-through doors on the oven and microwave of the toy kitchen
- The toy kitchen has an area to hang accessories
- The sink of the toy kitchen is removable for easy cleaning
- The toy kitchen has a kitchen clock with moving hands
Toys actively promote learning and exploration; they don’t just keep your little one entertained but help develop skills too. Playing together is a great way to bond with your little one and help them reach their developmental targets. Toys needn’t cost you an arm and a leg; a few good quality toys are better than cheaper ones that can be potentially unsafe due to the way they are manufactured. See them as an investment for your child’s future and your efforts wont go unrewarded
- HOURS OF FUN PLAY - The Wooden Educational Teaching Clock, includes a calendar with days dates and months of the year. It will give your children endless hours of fun and spark their imagination! The perfect preschool activities children crave!
- EDUCATIONAL AND ENTERTAINING - The Learning clock for kids learning to tell time was specifically developed to provide an entertaining way to have endless fun while improving fine motor skills, teaching kids learn to tell time, stimulates reasoning and creativity, and provides fantastic continuous motion to give kids the kind of important special play that educates-- while they have a blast!
- DEVELOPS MOTOR SKILLS - Children development toys - The importance of helping children develop motor skills-- especially in a world where so many toys fail the test of being "more than just fun" cannot be overstated. This kids learning clock by Woody Treasures is specifically designed to help your child develop while they play!
- BUILT TO LAST - We like to say that our telling time teaching clock is "the opposite of junk". Sturdy toys built well, built to last-- out of the highest grade materials and suitable for both home and school use! Ideal for kindergarten learning games.
- ABSOLUTELY NO ASSEMBLY REQUIRED - Comes fully assembled, ready for play straight out of the box! What an amazing child Montessori toy clock. SAFE FOR CHILDREN
- 【Learning Toy 】: Create up to 8 different scenes from the 4 scene cards. , kids can learn these songs and sing together with the Vatos Karaoke Musical Toys.
- 【Voice Record& Change】: Play the most recent recording and switch between the original recording and funny sound effects. Record what your little one says or sings.
- 【Musical Toy】: Music can help to improve concentration, language skills, memory and imagination. Repeating lyrics is one of the best ways to train your little one's language skills. Listening to music stimulates the brain and helps to improve imagination and creativity.
- 【Sound Effects】: When kids touch the head of the animals on the screen or the cards, this sensory toy will make corresponding sound or talk so that infants can know how do these animals make sounds.
- 【Portable Gift Toys】: 2-Way portable design is convenient for boys and girls to take it around, which could help to develop your child's sense of music and rhythm whenever and wherever possible, creating a good artistic atmosphere for children.
- English (Publication Language)
- 54 Pages - 03/15/2006 (Publication Date) - Brighter Child (Publisher)