Write for Us
We’re always interested in relevant, engaging and unique content from contributors. If you’d like to write for MadeforKids, please read the information on this page carefully before submitting your article idea.
MadeforKids provides information for parents and Carers regarding the reviews of products and general parents advice for babies and kids and many of our readers are first time parents. Typically our articles will either be informational pieces on a certain topic of pregnancy or parenting, or a review of a kids products that parents might benefit from.
Our editorial goal: To inform and engage users who are seeking information on a parenting or pregnancy topic in an engaging, friendly but knowledgeable way.
GUIDELINES FOR GUESTPOSTS
To have the best chance of your content idea being accepted, please follow the below guidelines exactly.
- Search this website (use Google) to check whether we’ve already covered the topic you’re pitching. If so, your article needs to bring a significant new perspective to the topic.
- For a list of current known requirements, see the list lower on this page. You don’t need to stick to one of these however, we’re more excited to hear your own ideas!
- We don’t accept content that’s previously been published elsewhere, or that will be published elsewhere. All submissions are also checked for plagiarism.
- We don’t accept content that simply serves to link to you (or your client’s) website. If in doubt, we’ll add a “nofollow” to external links from submitted articles
- Please submit all content pitches to our Email: email@example.com
- Begin your pitch with the title of the article you’d like to pitch – lifestyle/opinion articles should grab our attention, informational articles should be clearly relevant to a topic that our audience are likely to search for.
- Send us the first paragraph of your article, and an outline of the rest.
- In a sentence or two, explain the angle of your piece – why will it engage with our readers?
- Include 3-4 links to other relevant content you’ve had published online (your own blog is ok). If you haven’t been published before, that’s fine – but please let us know.
- Only submit a pitch for a specific article once. You’re welcome to submit multiple separate article pitches.
If we’re interested in publishing your article, we’ll be in touch to discuss delivery deadline and payment details. Depending on the volume of articles we have awaiting publication, accepted content will generally be published within 2-6 weeks. If your article is published, Madeforkids will retain the rights to republish or reuse the material in the future (with an author credit to you).
Lifestyle/opinion pieces should contain personal stories that connect with our readers, and provoke a reaction. They should leave a reader thinking “I must share this!”
All submitted content should be in a “web format”. This means skimmable sub-headings, easily digestible paragraphs and bullet lists where appropriate. Articles should cover one clear subject or narrative.
Most accepted articles are in the 700-1,500 words range. We may accept exceptional articles shorter or longer than this.
We’re a non-religious, non-partisan website. Our content does not mention politics or religion unless it’s objective information relevant to the article. If in doubt, check or avoid.